Friday, April 1, 2011

¡Feliz Compleaños, Sandra! Happy Birthday, Sandra! The Princess turned 30 today, 26 March, 2011, and there’s a big family party in the evening. It’s a crab-crack, and I’ve seen folk carrying pallets of crabs on the bus, and so it should be a pretty good feed. They’re supposed to be cooked on the grill, and they promise cerveza, so we shall see. I’m not big on picking crab meat, but I need the protein, so please don’t get between me and my mallet. I can even say that a need a few more calories; I’d be interested to know what I weigh after 5+ weeks in-country, but for sure it’s less than when I left the USofA.

This morning, early, I helped Anicia bake the cake. Think “Aunt Jemima,” and you’ve got a pretty good idea of the way things were. Everything was mixed by hand…literally...for about 30 minutes: margarine, sugar, flour, eggs, vanilla, lime zest and baking powder.

Sandra, the birthday girl:




No comments:

Post a Comment