Thursday, March 10, 2011

Saldos. “Small change,” The literal meaning is payment, but here it’s the word that’s used to describe the credits you buy to load up your pay-to-use cell phone. The entire cell phone business here in ECU is confusing, and half a rip-off, but it gets better as one figures it out a bit. Anyway, my minutes were about to expire, but I was able to save them by adding $6.00 to my account. I now realize that if I add $6.00 every month I’ll be OK.

With appologies to Delbert McClinton...
 

"Once you had me dancin' at the end of your chain
Begging for some small change love
I was jumpin' through hoops, doing loop-de-loops
But, girl, I've finally had enough

So when you see me out rocking in my little red hat
Going ape all over town
You made a man into a monkey
That monkey's gonna monkey around. "

No comments:

Post a Comment