Wednesday, February 23, 2011




Es Verdad! It’s true! The drains do drain in the opposite direction than they do in the northern hemisphere. Even tho the guide-books say otherwise, I saw a demonstration: Today, 20 February, I visited El Mitad del Mundo, The Middle of the World, with my host-mother and her daughter. Ecuador means ‘equator,’ and there is a monument at 0 degrees latitude and a museum as well. The museum exhibits are focused on the indigenous people who occupied the site in the past; there were recreations of the huts they lived in, the implements they used, the sculptures they created and the sundial like instruments they constructed. Like you’ve seen before, pero differente.










1 comment:

  1. Hai Miles,
    I tried to read your blog, a good English lesson for me:)
    Have a great experiance!
    One of the students of the ESL lessions.

    ReplyDelete